Saturday, April 26, 2008

Six Years Ago

I had just finished "Girl with a Pearl Earring" when Julie and I were discussing book lists for the year. The e-mail was dated Jan 17th and right away Julie sent an invitation to Cris and Catie and had Cris forward the e-mail to Jane that we were starting with "Girl in Hyacinth Blue". We followed that with "Red Tent" which Cris already read. Cris was reading "Outlander" anyways, so Jane started it and I purchased the first 3 books from Amazon. So while we were all unofficially reading Outlander the next official book was "Memoirs of a Geisha". This is where things began to snowball. The four of us (Dana hadn't joined us yet) were passing lists of books back and forth. Cris started reading "Mists of Avalon". Jane cleared a shelf at her desk for swapping books. The funny thing is as I'm going through my e-mail which documents most of this, I'm e-mailing Dana with details on our Longaberger party. It wasn't until the following summer, around May 2003 that Dana finally joined us. By this time were were firmly entrenched in the "read your own books and w/ a monthly lunch discussion". So I'd say that in May we're way overdue for a anniversary book club lunch. 5 years and still reading!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Oh, I just figured out how Amy joined. Since Jane and a swap shelf, Cris was forwarding stock updates (additions to the shelf) to Amy. That was around December 2002. So Dana was the last to join.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home